Stables Compliance Manager
Australian Turf Club – Your ticket to a winning career!
At Australian Turf Club, horseracing is a source of inspiration that brings out the best in us – in character, in manner and in style. We have been at the forefront of Sydney’s social scene for over a century and a half because we are where people come to experience the city at its most sublime.
With over 110 racedays and hundreds of business and social events every year, each of our five destinations is uniquely exciting and the epicenter of a thriving community. We are committed to providing uniquely thrilling experiences, sustaining our sport, and bringing together Sydneysiders from all walks of life. We want to bring out the very best in every person we interact with – our guests, our teams, and our communities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the operation, maintenance and ongoing compliance and certification of the ATC stabling facilities to ensure the effective best in class operation of our racecourses.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Ongoing development and implementation of planned maintenance schedules for the stabling facilities at the four ATC racecourses. Including mechanical, electrical, fire & hydraulic systems and all building fabric to ensure the reliable day to day operation of the stabling facilities and equipment.
- Ensure plant and equipment control systems operate at peak efficiency to minimise operating costs and energy consumption
- Prepare tenders and service agreements for ongoing maintenance and support services
- Actively support and contribute to risk management processes
- Manage the working relationship with contractors to achieve high quality work standards while achieving cost effectiveness
- Prepare and manage the stabling budgets for the allocated venues
- Manage the relationship and communication between key parties to meet expectations and delivery of stable maintenance
- Implement initiatives for the racing industry in environmental management, sustainable buildings and ‘smart’ facilities operations with adherence to Racing NSW guidelines
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of facilities management services or delivery of capital projects including managing documentation requirements, negotiating and managing contractors
- Strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and the capacity to liaise with people at all levels and build strong relationships
- Multi- disciplined knowledge and understanding of relevant building codes of practice, Australian Standards and acceptable levels of workmanship
- Knowledge and understanding of Work Health & Safety regulations and sound knowledge of safe work practices and accident prevention
- Strong budgeting and financial management including contract tendering skills
- Experience and understanding of energy management principals, energy monitoring and assessing plant operational priorities including plant shutdowns and outages
- Knowledge and use of EBMS and the maintenance task scheduling programs
- Extremely proactive and an enthusiastic, innovative and flexible approach
- Strong understanding of horse safety and movement principals and requirements
- Proven ability to manage, operate, modify and tune horse training infrastructure eg. Walkers, treadmills, pools
- ATC values of Collaborate, Own, Bold and Care
- Strong leadership skills and organisational skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Tertiary qualifications in Facilities Management, Building, Construction, Engineering or related discipline
What we offer
- Full time position working with a passionate, professional, and dedicated team promoting a premium brand and an opportunity to work at award winning venues
- Complimentary race day guest passes
- Training and development opportunities
- End of carnival team celebrations
- Access to our health and wellbeing program which includes fitness sessions, fruit deliveries and more
- Free onsite parking plus public transport on your doorstep
- Opportunities to give back to the community through our community engagement volunteering program
Applications close on Friday 16 October 2020.
To find out more visit the employment section of our website: https://www.australianturfclub.com.au/our-careers/