John O’Shea Racing is seeking an experienced horse trainer/foreman to manage its thoroughbred racing stable.
The position is full time - 38 hours per week, located at Randwick racecourse.
The salary will be above the award, in the range of $54,000 to $60,000 per annum, depending upon skill level.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 years full time professional experience in the role and be able to demonstrate that you are a reliable worker with excellent leadership and horsemanship skills.
In addition, the following will be required:
- Supervising all associated activities in the horse training regime.
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Discussing with Mr O’Shea factors affecting horses progression and education
- Develop horse training programs
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work with and to lead a team independently
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment.
- Sound knowledge of health and safely obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses.
- Attending race days and trials as required
- Communicating with owners and jockey both at home and at the racecourse as required
- Formal qualifications not essential.
Please apply with a detailed resume and two written references