O'Brien Thoroughbreds is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our team on a full-time basis. Our stables are located at Flemington and Barwon Heads, VIC.
- Young Horse Trainer-Rider - able to ride 6 -10 horses per morning with ability to ride timed work as well as educate horses through barriers. The role will include work with youngsters, including some pre-training.
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification, or in the absence of a qualification a minimum of three years professional experience educating and training racehorses
- A minimum of two years’ experience handling and working with and educating thoroughbred horses
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing, breaking, or pre-training
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction; provide information and advice to others and prepare basic reports
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
Terms of Employment
These are full-time positions, with a minimum commitment of at least 2 years.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $55,000 to $58,000 per annum.
Please provide a detailed CV outlining your professional horse breeding experience, with the names and number of two phone referees. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org