A large thoroughbred horse stud farm, based in Nagambie Victoria, is seeking a highly skilled landscape designer and gardener to manage the grounds on its two properties.
We are looking for a hands on individual who has experience in both hard and soft landscaping. Accuracy, precision and ability to work autonomously and in a team are all characteristics required for the role.
The role will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
The role will be:
- Full time, Monday to Friday
- 38 hours per week
- Immediate start in a friendly and supportive team
The successful applicant shall require:
- Ideally 5 years experience in high-end, prestige gardening/horticultural
- Team Leader experience
- Certificate III in Horticulture (minimum)
- Bobcat and excavator licence preferred
- Preferred: First Aid Certificate
Skills and experience required:
- Strong experience in designing new landscape areas including advanced planting, lighting, turf and construction skills
- Discuss and prepare site plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Excellent garden maintenance understanding and skills
- Previous experience leading a team of gardeners
- A comprehensive knowledge of plants and plant health
- Strong pest and disease identification skills
- Comprehensive irrigation knowledge, including installation, servicing and problem solving
- Ability to operate relevant machinery and tools on a daily basis
- Perform routine maintenance checks on machinery, tools, and work being done on site
- Establishment and management of fertiliser, disease and weeding programs for gardens, lawns and plants
- Competent in reading and interpreting existing landscape design plans
- Passionate, highly reliable and strong work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of work, health and safety requirements and management of all personnel using the associated equipment and chemicals
- The ability to work unsupervised
- An ability to adapt to change
- Wages negotiable with suitable candidate
- Company vehicle, phone
The successful applicant will have a high attention to detail and a passion for landscaping, including the establishment of new garden beds and maintaining existing gardens and lawns to be eye catching, impressive and always perfectly maintained.