Feek Racing is currently seeking a full-time Horse Trainer for our busy business located on the Mornington Peninsula. The overseeing of the everyday management of the stable, staff and horses under the guidance of the current Head Trainers.
Your duties will include:
- General knowledge of practices and procedures of a Racehorse Stable Complex
- Training and educating horses to all daily fitness practices
- Educating and training horse to barrier acceptance and behaviour
- Written and verbal instructions to all trackwork riders on a daily basis in regard to the training routine of each horse.
- Supervise the horses to ensure they receive the best care with any minor injuries which are to be treated by our staff on a daily basis
- Horses which require more extensive treatment are to be referred to our Veterinarian.
- All horses are subject to regular visits from outside professionals Farriers, Dentists, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists etc. Ability to liaise with the professionals is of upper most importance.
- Supervision of horses and staff when attending trials and race meetings
- Raceday instruction to jockeys riding one of our stable horses.
- A daily record of treatments administered to horses to be recorded in the Treatment Book
- Update daily record board of all Stable names and numbers of all horses
- All Horse owners are to be treated with the utmost respect and privy to all aspects of their horses condition at any time.
- Knowledge of the above duties essential.
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety within a stable complex.
In return you will receive:
- Package: $54,000 per annum plus superannuation
- Incentive and Bonus payments would be performance based
- Position: Full time (38 hours a week)
- Ongoing support from our team
Requirements of position
At least 2 years of on the job as a horse trainer
Interested parties are invited to apply in writing via email including their resume'
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $54,000.00 to $56,000.00 /year