An opportunity has become available at Torryburn Stud in Torryburn, NSW in the role Horse Breeder.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice, with either international experience or a thorough understanding of the global trends of the thoroughbred industry. Suitable Applicant will have the following:
• Degree qualification, or a minimum of 5 years professional experience working in the thoroughbred breeding industry
• Proven knowledge of horse breeding, including managing and foaling mares as well as broodmare, stallion and yearling management
• Demonstrated ability to administer IV and IM treatments
• Demonstrated experience with the pre and post-natal care of mares and foals
• Experience in or understanding of creating and maintaining department budgets, maintaining farming machinery/equipment, facilities, buildings and water supplies
• Strong communication and organisational skills as well as a high level of professionalism and dedication
• Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and breeding of horses
This is a full time; permanent position and the suitable applicant will need to commit to a fixed-term employment contract.
For overseas applicants, please note, a valid visa will be required to commence work.
A salary package (including accommodation on farm) of between $54,000 and $58,000 per annum will apply to the above position.
Please provide a detailed CV with the names and number of two phone referees. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org