Lindsay Park Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable.
• Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning with ability to ride pace/timed work as well as educate horses through barriers.
• Pre-Trainer/Young Horse Educator/Rider – able to ride and educate 6 – 8 young horses per morning with particular emphasis on riding slow work as well as pace work).
• Horse Trainer/Rider/Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $52,500 to $62,500 per annum plus Super and staff incentive schemes.
Positions are available at Euroa, Pakenham and Flemington in Victoria as well as our Sydney stable in NSW.
Fully functional canteen and some accommodation available at Euroa together with assistance in transition to the appropriate applicants.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time professional experience in the role. In addition the following will be required:
• Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
• Proven ability to train and educate young horses
• Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
• Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the positon is for a foreperson role)
• Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
• Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
• A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
If any of these positions are of interest to you please send application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
International staff who have work rights are also encouraged to apply.