Freedman Brother are currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable at Randwick and Rosehill on a full-time basis.
- Young Horse Trainer / Rider.
- Horse Educator/Junior Foreperson.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $55,000 to $65,000 per annum depending upon the level of responsibility.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time professional experience in the role. In addition the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Able to educate horses, including both fast and slow work as well as early education of the young stock
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
Please send detailed resume and a written reference to firstname.lastname@example.org at High Street Racing