Young Horse Trainer / Rider & Horse Trainer/Junior Foreperson
Mark Newnham Racing Pty Ltd is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff horse training staff to join our stable. Positions are available at Randwick and Warwick Farm both in NSW.
- Young Horse Trainer / Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs).
- Horse Trainer/Junior Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $57,000 to $67,000 per annum depending upon the skill level and the level of responsibility.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time professional experience in the role or 2 years full time professional experience plus a relevant qualification. In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
Please send detailed resume and two written references confirming you have the required skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have any horse training experience, please do not waste our time by applying for this position.