Lindsay Park Racing is now seeking an experienced rider to join our Breaker Team at our Euroa facility for the season of 2019.
At this elite level, the horsemanship skills are foremost in the role. Your calm nature, well developed knowledge, ability to work in a small team, minimum of 5 years’ experience in the racing industry as well as developed health and safety obligations will assist you to stand out from the rest.
Working under instruction from the Head Breaker and Senior Foreman, your duties include:-
• Accustom thoroughbred horses to the equipment used for racing;
• Train young thoroughbreds to be ridden (trackwork, trials and barriers);
• Train young thoroughbreds for general handling purposes and veterinary treatments, including handling them in the stable, yard;
• Grooming, handling and general horse husbandry duties; and
• Prerequisite is to have experience breaking -in.
This position offers a 6-month Contract with a handsome salary package, which can be negotiated based on your qualifications and experience. You will work a single morning shift, Monday to Saturday and alternate Sundays for the period of the contract. At the expiration of the Contract, an extension or further Contract on race side of business will be considered.
This position is also open to international staff who hold a sub-class 417 or 462 Working Holiday Visa. Accommodation could be provided to suitable applicants. Dependent upon your skills set, the role could be extended or become permanent.
If you believe you meet the desired requirements needed to fulfil this role, Apply Now by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries contact Christine Encke or Kylie Deane on 57 368500. The full Job Description is available on our website.