Horse Trainer - Skilled Horse Staff Required
Chris Waller Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable. Positions are full-time and available in all locations in NSW and Victoria and QLD.
- Young Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs).
- Young Horse Educator/Rider/2nd Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus swimming and barrier education.
- Horse Trainer/2nd Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $54,600 to $80,000 per annum depending upon the level of responsibility.
All applicants must have a relevant qualification and 2 years full time or equivalent part-time professional experience or, in the absence of a qualification a minimum of 3-years full time or equivalent part-time professional experience in the role.
All applicants must be able to prove you are reliable workers with excellent horsemanship skills.
In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment relevant to a racing business
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent international qualification
Please send detailed resume and two written references to email@example.com