Griffiths de Kock is currently looking for a highly skilled and experienced rider to join our stable.
Positions are full-time and based at Cranbourne Training Complex
* Young Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (being able to ride paced/timed work and jump outs).
* Educate young horses to jump out of the starting stalls, work alongside other horses.
All applicants must have a relevant qualification and 2 years full time experience or, in the absence of a qualification a minimum of 3-years full time professional experience in the role.
* Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
* Proven ability to ride and educate young horses
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to follow instruction and work as a team member.
* Maintaining a safe work environment within the racing stable - understanding health and safety obligations and perform tasks and handling of equipment and horses in all areas of horse training in a safe manner.
* A Certificate III or equivalent international qualification
Starting salary $54K + Super, but final salary will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.