McEvoy Mitchel Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable on a full-time basis. Positions are available at Angaston in South Australia with a possible opportunity for a position at Flemington in Victoria.
· Young Horse Trainer/Rider – able to ride and educate 6 – 8 young horses per morning with particular emphasis on riding slow work as well as pace work.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $54,000 to $57,500 per annum. Accommodation may be provided.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time professional experience in the role and be able to prove you are reliable workers with excellent horsemanship skills. In addition the following will be required:
· Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
· Proven ability to train and educate young horses
· Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
· A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
Please send resume and two written references to email@example.com