Hawkes Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable.
Positions are full-time and available at Rosehill and Flemington.
- Young Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 8-10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs.)
- Young Horse Educator - able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus swimming and barrier education.
- Horse Trainer/Assistant Foreperson - able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
The salary will be above award - in the range of $54,000 to $55,000 per annum depending upon the responsibility.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time professional experience in the role and be able to prove you are reliable workers with excellent horsemanship skills.
In addition the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing.
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses.
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information.
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safe obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses.
- A certificate III or equivalent International qualification.
Please send detailed resume and two written references to firstname.lastname@example.org