Sun Stud seeks a motivated individual to fill the exciting role of Yearling Manager.
Based at our 'Smithfield' farm, Goulburn Weir, this position requires vast yearling preparation and yearling sales experience, excellent communication skills and the ability to manage a small team of staff.
JOB TYPE: Full Time
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Operations Manager
- Report to the Operations Manager.
- Oversee the daily care of all horses at the Smithfield Farm.
- Ensure the recommended feed regime is adhered to and monitor feed stock levels.
- Liaise with farrier and vets, ensuring the trimming schedule is followed and treatments are administered.
- Liaise with maintenance staff to ensure paddock and pasture management is in place.
- Monitor stock numbers for vet supplies and ensure any purchasing is done in accordance with company procedure.
- Organise staff working hours, ensuring at least 2 staff are always on duty.
- Ensure all staff are working in a safe manner in accordance with Sun Stud’s OH&S policies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Sound knowledge, proven ability and experience in handling horses
- Ability to take direction and adhere to Sun Studs workplace practices and policies
- Well-organised with sound problem-solving skills
- Experience in staff management and stock control
An attractive remuneration package including accomodation is offered. All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Please send resumes to email@example.com