TRAINEE FARM HAND
Godolphin has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Farm Hand to join the team at Woodlands Stud Farm, Denman NSW.
Reporting to the Assistant Farm Manager, this position is responsible for the timely delivery of routine farming operations and activities required in the successful establishment and maintenance of grazing pastures and fodder production for Godolphin‘s thoroughbred stud. Working across all areas of the stud farm, this role assists in maintaining pasture, feeding and raising of livestock and general farming operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Undertaking routine pasture maintenance operations including fertiliser application, topping sowing, slashing and spraying
- Operate and monitor irrigation systems, including the repositioning of irrigators and basic maintenance of system and equipment
- Undertake weed control activities such as preparation and application of chemicals
- Provide daily care and monitoring of cattle including provision of feed and water as well as mustering, assisting with calving and marking and reporting any injuries or illnesses in a timely manner
- Monitor property infrastructure and resources for correct operation, minor maintenance needs and damage and communicating maintenance requirements or completing works where appropriate
- Attending training and completing studies in a timely manner
- Implementation of Safe Work Practices, upholding workplace safety standards, following procedures including reporting
- Comply with company policies, procedures and industry requirements relating to WHS, animal health and welfare practices
- Previous experience working in a farming role will be highly regarded
- Awareness and confidence to work with and around livestock
- Experience in the safe operation of farm machinery
- Well organised, well presented and confident team player with a proven work track record of punctual and reliable work attendance
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Quality uniforms
- A chance to work at one of Godolphin’s premium breeding locations
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Please apply in writing by Friday 11 February 2022 to:
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.