Godolphin is the largest and most global racing team in the world with an impressive tally of 341 G1 wins in 14 countries since our inception. We are searching for a Part Time Track Rider to be based at our Carbine Lodge operation located in Flemington, Melbourne.
The role involves the delivery of safe and timely exercise of horses in training, including riding slow work, pace work and gallops in accordance with Trainer & Assistant Trainer instruction. Horses in training range from inexperienced 2-year old’s to experienced racehorses. The role also involves assisting in the preparation of horses for trackwork and providing assessment of the performance of the horse identifying concerns or issues of significance that may impact the horses racing performance.
We want a passionate, reliable, and hard-working person whose love and admiration for horses is as great as ours. You must be flexible, have a positive attitude, good work ethic and be willing to go above and beyond in your role.
- Assist in the preparation of horses for track work, including grooming and checking shoes and general health of horse. In addition to carrying out post track work procedures as required.
- Safe control and riding of horses at stables, track work and public environments.
- Responsible for the appropriate warm up and cool down of horses from exercise and pace work, assessing hazards and risk using judgement as required.
- Exercise horses riding slow, pace work and gallops to time according to instructions.
- Monitor fitness of horse during exercise and post exercise recovery recognising factors that affect the horse’s movement and fitness.
- Provide assessment of horses work performance and behaviour reporting any irregularities or concerns. Including feedback on gear and aids.
- Provide specific education and remedial training, applying safe and ethical techniques as directed. This may include the use of barriers.
- Confident experienced track rider, with the proven ability to consistently ride pace/timed work and the willingness and confidence to ride young horses.
- Practical understanding of horse health care and welfare requirements and measures.
- Sound communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with top quality horses.
- Working in a globally successful company.
- Top class working conditions.
- Above award wages.
- High quality uniform.
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th August.