Muskoka Farms Pty Ltd is a breaking/ pre- training and spelling facility located on the Hawkesbury River, an hour inland from Sydney CBD.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Track Rider for the upcoming breaking season. This is a full time permanent position with split shift daily hours.
Duties for Riders include/ but are not limited to:
- Riding a variety of young thoroughbreds with varying levels of education
- Experience with trot/ canter and pace work
- Day to day operations of a racing/ pre
- training stable
- Handling of a variety of race horses/ young stock
- Mucking out stables and other barn duties
- General day to day care of horses in race work/ at spell.
Essential criteria include:
- Valid Racing NSW Licence or ability to obtain
- Cert III in racing (track rider/ advanced stable hand) or equivalent 3+ years horse experience
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, reliability and show a sense of responsibility
- Ability to work as part of a composite team, as well as on individual tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to follow instructions
- Minimum of Provisional Drivers Licence
- Be willing to work with in the WHS guidelines of Racing NSW and Muskoka Farms
- Demonstrate a keen interest in racing, and the health and fitness of horses in general
Single accommodation is available as part of the working package and wage is negotiable depending on experience.
Muskoka Farms also offers all new staff the option to complete Cert III Racing (Advanced Stablehand or Track Rider) from the work place.