The Moruya Jockey Club is one of the most successful and progressive country Thoroughbred racing clubs in New South Wales with planned significant upgrades to racing and training surfaces (two grass tracks, one sand) and racecourse infrastructure.
The Club conducts 12-13 meetings a year with the racecourse being situated five minutes from Moruya, and is close to the busy commercial Moruya airport, the Moruya River and beautiful beaches.
The successful applicant will have greenkeeper or other turf management qualifications and will have previous racecourse management experience. They will possess personnel management skills to supervise and inspire staff, as well as demonstrate a passion for preparing superior racing and training surfaces, will understand modern irrigation systems and will have AQF3 chemical application qualifications.
• Responsibility, under the Executive Officer, for the oversight of the racecourse grounds with an emphasis on the preparation and maintenance of the racing and training surfaces to the standards required by Racing NSW.
• Lead and comfortably communicate with, a team of track and ground staff
• Ensure that all work is undertaken under Safe Workplace guidelines.
• Maintain accurate, up to date records of all work performed, machinery servicing, chemical and fertiliser use and requirements, and provide other records as requested by the Executive Officer.
• With the Executive Officer, develop plans for improvements to the racecourse, to systems as well as procedures.