TRACK MANAGER – TAMWORTH JOCKEY CLUB
Tamworth Jockey Club is a leading thoroughbred race club located in Tamworth NSW. An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified person to fill the full time position of Track Manager.
- Minimum 3 years of senior Racecourse Management experience or equivalent.
- Turf Management qualifications (Trade Qualifications minimum, experience in sports turf management would be an advantage).
- Ability to work a variety of hours as required in the 7 day a week thoroughbred racing industry.
- A thorough knowledge of race day & training track maintenance & preparation procedures.
- Experience with computerized irrigation systems. Irrigation installation and repair.
- Management and leadership skills/qualifications including good understanding of the requirements and practical applications of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and codes.
- Lead staff in the management and preparation of quality turf & artificial surfaces for the purpose of racing & training.
- Ability to work independently and be self motivated.
- Ability to operate required machinery including turf maintenance equipment.
- Working knowledge of machinery and ability to undertake general maintenance requirements.
- Experience in developing and implementing track maintenance programs
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of participants (trainers, owners, stewards, staff, board members).
- Current drivers licence.
- Chemcert accreditation.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee projects.
Experience in the thoroughbred racing industry
Ability to create and maintain gardens and grounds
Salary will be determined dependent on qualification and experience
A motor vehicle and mobile phone will be provided for work related use
If you enjoy working outdoors and have the required experience for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact General Manager Kay Jeffrey 02 6765 9387 for a job description and further information. Applications close Friday 8 September 2017.