The Curator (Track, Grounds & Maintenance) is responsible for the presentation, maintenance and continual improvement of the training surfaces, facilities and grounds at Kildalton Park, in order to provide a safe, attractive environment for stakeholders, staff, horses and visitors.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation and ongoing maintenance of Grass Track for training, in accordance with standards, ensuring a safe and consistent surface is maintained.
• Preparation and ongoing maintenance of Pro-ride synthetic track, for training in accordance with standards, ensuring a safe and consistent surface is maintained.
• Manage staff to ensure all areas of the property are maintained to a high standard.
• Ensure plant and equipment is kept in good working order.
• Routine vehicle maintenance.
• Keep records of associated tasks either by diary notations or on computer data /forms.
• The preparation of reports as is necessary to maintain excellent communications.
About you (ideally):
• 5-10 years experience in similar role.
• A genuine interest and understanding of horses.
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
• Medium heavy rigid vehicle license.
• Current First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain.
• Knowledge of turf maintenance requirements.
• Ability to operate required machinery, including track maintenance equipment and ability to undertake general maintenance requirements.
• Ability to tend to general maintenance of buildings, facilities and property.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Willingness to undergo a medical and any future relevant training.
• Commitment to safety, environmental and quality implementation.
Salary will be negotiated with successful applicant based on experience and skillset.
Please forward cover letter and resume to Amanda Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org