We are seeking an experienced horse person to assist the manager in the day to day running of the overall farm. This is a hands on position. The duties will include but are not limited to: -
- Overseeing the daily care and supervision of all horses on the property.
- Assisting the manager with the care of the spelling, quarantine, broodmares and pre-training horses.
- Identifying and treatment of injuries and administering injections.
- Handling foals and young horses.
- Assisting the farriers and vets.
- Feeding, grooming, cleaning stable areas and mucking out boxes.
- General farm maintenance and helping with other areas on the farm including cropping and livestock.
The successful applicant will be self motivated, have their own transport and have excellent communication skills. Experience on a farm with livestock will be an advantage.