Our client is seeking an experienced and proactive Thoroughbred Farm Manager who will be responsible for and coordinate all activities in managing horse breeding activities.
Located in the beautiful hills of Kulnura on the Central Coast NSW this property has extensive and modern facilities. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to be part of an exciting stage in the life of this property. This role will require you to be part of the Stud and Racing Management.
The position will involve:
- Managing the breeding and weanling acquisition program
- Managing the care of mares, foals and weanlings
- The preparation of yearlings for sales
- Pre-training program of racehorses
- Management of the sales of horses in training and after racing program
- Management of the farm facilities and staff to ensure the highest quality condition and presentation at all times.
- Business administration such as allocation of resources, tracking expenses and general reporting
To be successful in this position you will need the following:
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing the care of mares, foals and weanlings in a professional capacity
- A strong commitment to quality breeding management and welfare of horses
- Experience in the racing industry
- Ability to commit to an ongoing role
- Easy going and pleasant approach
- Understanding of managing costs
- Drivers licence and own transport
If you meet the above criteria please apply now by attaching a current resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and relevant experience