About the business and the role:
Pro-Ride Racing and Services are a successful, established, privately owned businesses, spanning over 25 years. Pro-Ride Services maintains and assists in the construction of, synthetic (non turf) surfaces for the thoroughbred racing industry and are proud to have many of Australia's most prestigious Racing Clubs as long term valued customers. (see www.prorideracing.com )
An excellent opportunity is available for a Track Manager/Assistant Track Manager/ Supervisor/ Foreman/ Operations Manager, preferably from the Racing, Grounds Maintenance, Construction or Golf industry, to join our Services team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Initially, you will be provided with on the job training in the inspection, testing, planning, manufacturing of our surfaces and the implementation of preventative maintenance services on our synthetic horse training and racing tracks.
Your key challenges include:
- Communicating with a range of key stakeholders; including Race Club Track Managers and their support staff, Racehorse Trainers and Jockeys, contractors assisting in the delivery of Pro-Ride services, and other Pro-Ride services staff and management;
- Attending sites, assessing quality of works to ensure a high standard is achieved;
- Preparing job sheets, work schedules, quotations and purchase orders from templates;
- Planning and scheduling of works, labour and equipment
- Travel and time away from home at times are part of the job as we are an Australian wide service
Skills and Experience
- Ideally, you will be a proactive, hands on Track Manager/Assistant Track Manager/ Supervisor/Foreman/Operations Manager with proven experience from within the Racing, Grounds Maintenance, Construction, Golf, Commercial or other relevant industries;
- Valid Drivers’ Licence (MR truck license and experience, highly regarded)
- Experience in operating tractors, machinery and other implements is highly regarded
- Ability to work away from home at times
- Ability to work autonomously and be a flexible, team player with a strong customer focus
- Good computer literacy, especially with email and microsoft word/ excel;
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise multiple projects and work requirements to meet deadlines;
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to provide a professional standard of customer service and quality control
- An ability to maintain strong relationships with a range of key stakeholders
- Strong leadership/people skills (managing a team/contractors successfully is highly regarded)
- An interest in Horse Racing is preferred (not mandatory)
Job benefits and perks
An attractive salary package including a fully maintained company vehicle, laptop and company phone will be negotiated to attract the most suitable candidate for this role.
You will be provided with on the job training from industry professionals.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, applications should be directed to Pro-Ride Services at email@example.com . If you have any questions, please call Jackie on 03 97302664 for a confidential discussion.