Horse Trainer/Educator (requirement for sponsorship obligations)
Snowden Racing is currently seeking highly experienced staff to join our stable.
The Position is full time employment – 38 hours per week and some of the duties are:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young and older horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instructions and provide information to other staff and owners;
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses on riding pace/timed work and jump outs
- Able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus swimming and barrier education
- Manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
Qualifications are an advantage but not essential but at least three years of relevant experience in horse training/management is essential.
The occupation to be advertised is that of a Horse Trainer/Educator with a salary bandwidth of $54,000.00 to $58,000.00 depending on experience.
Please forward Resumes with references to firstname.lastname@example.org