For the purpose of sponsorship requirements;
Snowden Racing is currently seeking a highly experienced Horse Trainer/Educator to join our team
The salary will be above award at $54,000 - $60,000 per annum depending upon the skill level.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3-year full time professional experience in the role and be able to prove they are reliable workers with excellent horsemanship skills. In addition, the following will be required:
The Position is full time – 38 hours per week and some of the duties are:
• Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods - thoroughbred racing
• Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information to other staff and owners;
• Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
• Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
• Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses on riding pace/timed work and jump outs
• Able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus vet; swimming and barrier education
• Able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a team of horses and staff under the direction of the Racing Manager.
Please email your resume and one recent written work reference to Lyn Snowden firstname.lastname@example.org