Godolphin is the largest and most global racing team in the world with an impressive tally of 341 G1 wins in 14 countries since our inception.
We are searching for a Full Time Stable Hand to be based at our Carbine Lodge operation located in Flemington, Melbourne. The role is responsible for the delivery and daily care, health, and nutrition regimes for racehorses in training. The role also involves general stable work and race day duties including assisting with trot ups, farrier, vet and general upkeep and cleaning activities.
We want a passionate, reliable, and hard-working person whose love and admiration for horses is as great as ours. You must be flexible, have a positive attitude, good work ethic and be willing to go above and beyond in your role.
- Daily stable tasks including mucking out, rugging, swimming, and loading horses onto the walker.
- Providing feed & water according to stable routine and direction.
- Maintaining grooming standards including hoof care.
- Routine health checks, monitoring basic health and welfare of the horses, recognising signs of injury or illness, and reporting any concerns.
- Preparation of horses for track work, ensuring the correct selection of gear is organised as well as conducting completing post track work procedures.
- Preparation of horses and gear for race meetings and trail attendance.
- Race day, track gallop and trail attendance.
- Timely and accurate communication and recording of horse health.
- Compliance with company policy, procedure and processes and legislative standards and requirements, including the Australian Rules of Racing.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with top quality horses.
- Working in a globally successful company.
- Top class working conditions.
- Above award wages.
- Accommodation available on request.
- Proficient horse handling skills.
- Practical understanding of horse health care and welfare requirements and measures.
- Sound communication skills.
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th August 2021.