Kavanagh Racing located at Flemington is looking for an enthusiastic team player to join them as stable foreperson. This is a full-time position and you will need to work under the direction of trainers Mark and Levi Kavanagh.
As our foreperson you are responsible for the management of the stable and you must have extensive knowledge and experience in this field.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Organizing the daily running of morning and afternoon shifts
- Effectively manage roster and direct a small team of employees
- Supervise daily operations such as groundwork, walker use, swimming, stable cleaning and maintenance of gear and facilities
- Supervise the daily care of horses that includes routine health checks and recognizing ailments and injuries if they arise
- Ensure feeding regime is adhered to and report any issues to trainers
- Ordering of stable supplies in line with weekly budgets
- Assisting the vet
- At times when both trainers are absent, you will be required to take full charge, and this will include, representing the stable on race days and at trails
To be successful you will require the following:
- Experience as a foreperson and leading a productive team
- A firm understanding of the training, care, and nutrition of racehorses
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Understand the pressures of running a stable
- Attention to detail and meticulous record keeping
- Hard working
- Knowledge of computers, email and Ardex would be advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small friendly team with a state-of-the-art track and facilities.
Remuneration is negotiable for the right applicant.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and only suitable people will be contacted.