Snowden Racing at Royal Randwick is looking for an experienced hands on Foreman/horse educator to join our team. We require a strong and motivated team leader to manage the day to day running of one of our stable barns consisting of 25 horses.
The successful applicant will be a competent horseman/woman and has a strong passion for the Racing Industry.
The position is full time with early morning starts and rostered afternoon & weekend work.
• Administering equine drugs & understanding of the rules of Australian racing
• Understanding and evaluation of the horse’s health and check for injuries.
• Ensuring the horse's are well-fed and groomed. Monitor each horse’s nutritional needs and diet, recording eating habits.
• Reporting to the trainer/racing manager.
• Mentoring staff.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience within the racing industry as a stablehand/track rider/foreman.
• Experience handling & educating young horses.
• Excellent communication & time management skills.
Applicants that do not yet possess foreman experience, but have shown a willingness to learn and keen work ethic in previous roles, are also encouraged to apply.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Colum on 0497214886