Matthew C Smith Racing is seeking qualified Stable Foreman for our Warwick Farm stables ready to start as soon as possible.
Applicants must have extensive experience working in stables, with training or foreman experience preferred.
The successful applicant will
- Oversee the day to day operations of the stable in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manage the wellbeing and safety of all horses and stable employees.
- Maintain accurate horse movements, race day and trial preparation, nutrition and diet, horse grooming and staff and be able to enter all information into the stable database.
- Be required to work a 5 ½ day week.
- Work closely with the team at Matthew Smith Racing to ensure the horses are performing to the best of their potential.
- Accommodation available on request
Essential Skills Required
- Have knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing.
- Proven ability to train and educate horses and have excellent horse handling skills.
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated team.
- Competent with managing the training aspect of the stable database.
- Reliable, Punctual and able to lead and manage stable staff in a fast paced, ever expanding environment.
- Knowledge of the safe operations of training equipment and gear.
- Meet all requirements of Racing NSW Licensing Department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Australia’s most progressive stables. The role is perfectly suited to an experienced foreperson or an up and coming prospect who has aspirations to train in the future.
Please email a cover letter and your CV along with references to email@example.com.