- Small, friendly and cohesive team where achieving excellence is their passion
- Excellent opportunity to thrive and enjoy a long-term career
- Be rewarded for your expertise and effort!
Our Client, Torryburn Stud, is a boutique thoroughbred stud steeped in Colonial history, nestled in gently rolling hills near Gresford, in the beautiful Paterson Valley, NSW.
The Stud is approximately 1200 picturesque acres with the historic homestead and facilities being surrounded by meticulously maintained gardens and lawns.
Torryburn leave nothing to chance while providing the best possible care for all horses on the property. Every aspect of the care offered is planned in their ‘Whole of Life Cycle Approach’ which emphasises the particular needs of every thoroughbred at each stage of its life – from broodmare, to foal, to weanling, to yearling and to spelling racehorses.
Continuing with this philosophy, Torryburn are seeking a self-starter who has thoroughly experienced all aspects of thoroughbred handing including foaling, with a shared commitment of excellence, to assist the Stud Manager achieve their goals.
Reporting directly to the Stud Manager and the Management/Ownership team, the successful applicant will have the following proven attributes and be required to undertake:
- Maintaining awareness of best industry practice and techniques in relation to all horse management
- Ongoing liaison with Stud Manager
- Assessment of all horse health and needs
- Administering treatment and medications to horses
- All facets of preparation of mares and yearlings for sales
- Maintaining records and documentation relating to horses
- A willingness to share skills with all staff
- Foaling experience
- High level of attention to detail & ability to meet deadlines
Essential qualifications & experience:
- Minimum of 5 seasons in a similar role
- All aspects of foaling
- Horse treatments & veterinary applications
- First aid Certificate
- Horse related qualifications would also be advantageous
To become an integral Torryburn team member, you will need to exhibit initiative and a willingness to go above and beyond to present the Stud and care for the horses to the highest standard at all times. You will also need to enjoy liaising with Clients and meeting potential clients in a knowledgeable and professional manner both ‘on farm’ and attending sales.
Although living ‘on farm’ is not essential, it is preferred and there is single or couple accommodation provided as well as other benefits including electricity, phone, Foxtel, uniform etc.
Applications for this opportunity should be forwarded quoting Ref. no. 927RJ by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential inquiries may be directed to Margo Emery 0409385667 or via email to: email@example.com
Please note that an acknowledgement of your application will be sent to the email address from which you apply, therefore we encourage you to use a private or confidential email address.