Longwood Thoroughbred Farm is a family owned thoroughbred breeding farm situated in the NE of Victoria. We provide breeding, rearing, sales preparation and spelling services to the thoroughbred industry.
Due to our growing business we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to fulfil the role of Senior Stablehand.
The successful applicant will be engaged on a Full time basis with the opportunity to further their career and progress into an Assistant Farm Managers role.
What we’re looking for:
- A passionate horse person with a positive, can do attitude
- Prior experience working with thoroughbreds in a farm/stud environment essential
- Prior experience working with broodmares, foals and racehorse spellers is essential
- Experience providing support to farriers and vets
- Experience administering treatment to horses
- Ability to work autonomously
- Punctual with keen attention to detail
- Drivers license, experience towing a float
What we’ll provide:
- The opportunity to experience and further your knowledge in all aspects of the thoroughbred breeding industry from foaling down to sale preparation
- A great team environment
- The opportunity to develop thoroughbred administration and management skills and further your career with a progressive thoroughbred operation.
If you think this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
If you have any questions please call Siobhan 0412 951 033 or please email your application and resume, along with at least two references to email@example.com