Kennedy Racing is a racing organisation built on the idea of taking world best practices and incorporating them into all aspects of thoroughbred racing with Caroline Jennings as Head Trainer. A unique opportunity to join a growing team. Experience essential, the ability to ride trackwork a bonus.
The role will require;
- Ability to work within a team and alongside others both senior and junior.
- Required to follow Kennedy Racing protocols and procedures at all times.
- Implementing training techniques and procedures as directed by Head Trainer.
- Ability to work alone in a safe and responsible manner.
- Responsible for care and wellbeing of horses onsite – morning temperature checks, general health, checking legs daily.
- Maintaining the highest level of health and safety for all horses and team members.
- Organise horses daily for their trackwork, to include warm-up, tacking-up, cool down and after care.
- Coordinate team to assist and implement the above (trackwork element), ensuring smooth and safe transitions of horses and riders.
- General stable duties and coordinating team to ensure the highest standards of stables, stable area and surrounding areas.
- Swimming and treadmilling horses as required.
- Race day preparation and attendance when required.
Position Location - on Course, Pakenham Race Club, Full-Time (accommodation available if required)
Our hours are: Monday to Saturday am with one afternoon off each week, working every second weekend with two afternoons off every second week. Times – AM 4.30 am – 9.30am - PM 1pm – 2.30pm
Attractive package for the successful candidate
Please apply online or forward your resume to Caroline.Jennings@kennedyracing.com.au