We are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join the team as a Regional Manager Stewards in the Ballarat Mid-West region, and to be located in the Ballarat region.
About the Opportunity:
This role is responsible for overseeing the conduct of racing and management of Stewards appointed to race meetings by administering the rules of racing with consistency and integrity and ensuring that the industry is evenly regulated for all participants.
The role will primarily be in the Ballarat Mid-west region, with occasional travel to other regions, including metropolitan racetracks and RV head office.
The Regional Manager Stewards will also be responsible for developing and mentoring the junior members of the stewarding team.
- To attend race meetings, trials and track work
- Promote equine welfare.
- To drive consistent standards and deliver continuous improvement across the Region with regards to Integrity
- To effectively give and assess evidence as required at inquiries and appeals, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of the principles of natural justice and procedural fairness.
- To assess track ratings and conditions of racetracks in the Region with respect to safety for horses and riders.
- Plan and carry out stable inspections of Licensed Trainers situated in the Region to ensure they comply with the Rules of Racing including Occupational Health and Safety requirements and suitability of facilities for horses and staff.
You will be an individual that is passionate about the industry and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Some of the skills and experience you will have included:
- Sound leadership skills and ability to effectively manage and develop staff.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of the Rules of Racing and ability to apply and interpret them.
- Advanced knowledge of the thoroughbred racehorse and associated horse husbandry skills
- Thorough understanding of the structure of the racing industry
- Advanced understanding of the principles of natural justice and procedural fairness and ability to demonstrate these principles.
- Knowledge of OH&S regulation
If there are areas that you are unable to ‘tick’ in the above, we would still like to hear from you. As part of your cover letter outline how you might address some of the gaps.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join an industry leading and iconic sports organisation
- Attractive and competitive remuneration package
- Great company culture
- Dynamic and varied work assignments and projects
- Access to industry events and race meetings every day of the year
At Racing Victoria our vision is “Racing for All” and we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment for our team.
How do I apply?
If this sounds like you; please apply HERE. Applications close 9th July 2021