About the Company
The Western Australian Turf Club (trading as Perth Racing) has an iconic history of hosting thoroughbred racing in the state of Western Australia for over 160 years. Perth Racing, a multi-faceted racing, entertainment and event business stages approximately 92 race meetings including outstanding Carnivals per year from 2 premier metropolitan tracks, Ascot and Belmont.
Perth Racing is currently going through an exciting transformation in order to achieve its vision: To be the leading Racing Club and Premier Events host in Western Australia. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive relationships and practice our core values to inspire how we interact and deliver to our customers:
- Integrity and Transparency
- Leadership & Empowerment
- Innovation & Excellence
- Safety & Sustainability
- Engagement & Understanding
About this Role
This exciting and dynamic full-time role is primarily responsible for promoting Perth Racing on and off course under the direction of the Racing and Wagering Manager, with the incumbent being one of the faces of the club, particularly to people watching Perth Racing TV, Sky Racing, Sky International and listening to TABradio.
- Host Perth Racing’s coverage of its Ascot Racecourse and Belmont Park racing activities, including previewing races using a mixture of form analysis, guest interviews and wagering data, conducting trophy presentations and making general announcements.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure Perth Racing not only maximises its exposure on Sky Racing domestically, Sky International internationally and TABradio in Western Australia but also presents itself in the best possible light.
- Communicate informative racing analysis, coupled with wagering data, at Ascot Racecourse and Belmont Park raceday functions, promoting on-course betting with TABtouch.
- Produce and host non-raceday functions such as The Box Seat, Tongue Tie Off (podcast), barrier draws, media conferences and special events.
- Generate engaging previews of Ascot Racecourse and Belmont Park races, servicing external content aggregators within agreed timeframes, repackaging that material for other mediums and developing exclusive items for Perth Racing’s communications channels.
- Generate engaging reviews of Ascot Racecourse and Belmont Park races, as well as reporting selected barrier trials and intrastate/interstate/international racing activities, for the purpose of promoting Perth Racing events.
- Produce racing and wagering news, Perth Racing social media channels content, media releases, assist in the production of racebooks for meetings at Ascot Racecourse and Belmont Park
- Assist the Racing and Wagering Manager with the delivery of Perth Racing’s major racedays, particularly those comprising The Masters.
To be successful in this role:
The ideal candidate will have a background in media and racing and a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Horse Racing Industry, with salary to be commensurate with experience.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Initiative and problem solving skills.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to conceptualize ideas
- Completion of Year 12 is essential
- Tertiary qualification in communications or journalism is preferred
- The ability to write articles with flair which are both informative and exciting to specific deadlines and a proven track record is preferred.
- General understanding of sports broadcasting.
- Informed understanding of all aspects of betting/ betting products and betting policies.
- Understanding of the relevant legislation, regulations, and associated procedures in regards to racing, as well as Copyright, Data Protection, Public Liability etc. in regard to race broadcast.
In return for your skills and achievements Perth Racing will offer you the opportunity to join our dynamic team, gain invaluable experience and contribute in an exciting and challenging environment. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, discounted healthcare, an array of social and employee benefits and a professional and friendly working environment.
If you meet the requirements of this role, please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining your interest online. Please note only candidates that strictly meet the requirements will be considered and only short listed applicants will be contacted. Only candidates with Australian work rights should apply.