A rare opportunity has arisen to join our Team in the position of Racing Manager at our Mornington stables.
It is rare for these positions to become available but would provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to progress their career in the racing industry from a fantastic working environment.
Key responsibilities for the role would include but not be limited to:
- Nominations, acceptances, jockey bookings
- Horse progress reports
- Form analysis
- First point of contact for all clients
- Horse movement logistics
- Website and social media management
- Liaising with track managers, vets and farriers
- Staff rostering
To be successful in the role, applicants must demonstrate the following attributes
- A keen eye for detail
- An understanding of the Victorian handicapping system
- An understanding of the Rules of Racing
- A proven ability to working in a team
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
- A positive can-do attitude
- An ability to multi-task
Although this role does not require any handling of horses, experience with them in the past may be beneficial but not mandatory.
This role will comprise of 20 hours work per week, some of which can be completed from home.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a salary commensurate to experience.
To demonstrate your written communication skills, we ask that applications are made only via email to email@example.com first, before we progress to a round of interviews at our Mornington stables.
An immediate start would be available to the successful candidate.