One of Australia’s leading racing stables is seeking a Racing Manager to assist with the management & operations of a growing business. The role will require the successful applicant to assist in the day management of the stable including, owner communications, logistics, website & social media management, attend race days, trial days and bloodstock sales.
Main duties & responsibilities.
- Communication with owners, service providers, stakeholders, media & other governing bodies.
- Business development, networking & fielding new ownership enquires.
- Attending race days to saddle up & liaise with connections.
- Assist at major bloodstock sales.
- Assessing form, programming & handicapping.
- Newsletter production.
- Managing interactive website and social media accounts.
- Maintaining stable records.
- Co-ordinating horse movements and completing stable returns.
- Nominations & Acceptances.
- Managing relationships with pre-trainers & agistment properties.
- Communications with trainer and staff.
- Monitoring office phone, email & database.
- Co-ordinating interstate trips for both horses & staff.
- Horse Registrations.
- Staff Registrations.
- Stable marketing & advertising.
- At least 2- 3 years in the racing industry.
- Competent around thoroughbreds.
- Thorough knowledge of horses.
- Experience in stable management practises.
- Rules of Racing.
- Understanding of Programming & Handicapping.
- Horse Conformation.
- Thorough knowledge of stable management practices.
Skills & Competencies
- Customer Service.
- Excellent client communication & written skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills.
- Time management/organisation.
- Thorough knowledge & understanding of social media.
- Highly Organised.
- Capability to be across the management of a large stable.
- Ability to work autonomously & in a team environment.
- Professional approach.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Organisational & Time Management.
- Confident Manner.
- Positive approach to change.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Overnight trips away may be required for interstate carnivals & bloodstock sales.
Clean driving license.
- Video Editing.
- Good photography skills.
Experience in a similar role will be considered favourably and a thorough understanding of the thoroughbred racing industry is essential.
We have a competitive remuneration package available for the successful applicant. With opportunities for commission based sales.
All expressions of interest will be kept strictly confidential
To apply, please email your CV with a covering note to Pride Racing: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Hayley on 0402079460 for more information.