First Light Racing is one of Australia’s most popular and successful syndicators with a stable of over 120 racehorses Australia-wide and a fantastic & fun loving ownership base.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Racing & Communications Assistant to support the Victorian based Racing team of approximately 80 racehorses with developing & delivering content for owners from pre-trainers, trackwork and trials, developing & delivering social media content and mailouts for our broader audience as well as being our owner representative at trials & country races.
At #TeamFIRST we believe experience is everything - from unforgettable ownership experiences to our expert end-to-end horse management and enduring partnerships with elite trainers in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
This is an exciting and rewarding role within a collaborative and supportive team dedicated to achieving success on the racetrack and providing the best experience for our owners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owner communications – timely and accurate horse owner reports, which includes shooting and editing trackwork videos, providing original insights and analysis via audio and written reports, raceday communication with owners and assisting with racing content
- Stable communications - contributing and ultimately delivering FLR’s Weekend Preview, Weekend Wrap-Ups, Events mailouts etc
- Social media - enhance, build and maintain FLR’s social media profile and assist with FLR’s broader digital strategy
- Trackwork representation - regularly attending trackwork across Cranbourne, Pakenham & Flemington to develop content for owners
- Raceday representation - regularly attend country races as FLR’s raceday representative responsible for owner liaison,
- Administration - contributing to team administration as required, including updating horse and owner details in Prism including organising horse movements, website content, coordinating third parties (eg vets)
Essential skills & attributes:
- Strong understanding of the thoroughbred racing industry (and stable operations desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be highly organised and work autonomously with exceptional attention to detail
- A positive attitude and willingness to represent the First Light Racing brand with owners and the media
- Previous industry experience will be highly regarded
- Car and licence required for frequent travel to racedays and training venues
- It is preferable the successful candidate lives within close proximity to the Cranbourne and/or Pakenham area where >80% of FLR’s racehorses are based
How to apply:
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
How to apply:
To be in the mix, please submit your CV along with a cover letter addressing the key responsibilities, and why you’re excited to join the First Light Racing team.