Bjorn Baker is one of Sydney’s leading thoroughbred racehorse trainers. We are looking for a Racing Admin Assistant on a part time basis to work closely with, and provide administrative support to the Head Trainer and Racing Manager.
There are two main parts to this role: accounts support and racing administration.
Accounts support duties include:
- Daily banking reconciliation, opening mail and physically banking cheques
- Responding to client queries on accounts
- Payroll – collating, checking from timeclock, entering into MYOB and processing through bank – scope to automate and create efficiencies. Handling Workers Comp claims. Collecting New Employee Details forms
- Taking credit card phone payments
- Chasing aged debtors
- Checking, saving and paying invoices – accounts payable
- Entering Racing NSW strapper hours on a quarterly basis
- Entering new horses into Ardex
- Booking horse transport
- Managing horse registration process
- Managing horse insurance and the renewals process
- Data entry of horse movements
- Data entry of strapper fees and medications
General Administration Support such as booking team travel, maintaining office supplies, chasing certificates etc. and providing admin support to the Head Trainer and Racing Manager as needed is also required.
Additionally, there is also scope to get involved in track work for the right person interested in horses.
This role is PART-TIME, FLEXIBLE, with the option to WORK FROM HOME up to 4 days per week. We anticipate around 25-30 hours per week, starting around 8am (neg), 5 days per week with occasional weekend also be required, mainly to cover staff absence.
You must be fully computer literate, ideally with experience in Ardex and MYOB
Experience in a racing administration role, and/or a thorough understanding of the horse racing industry are a huge bonus, but not entirely necessary.
Most importantly, you need to be able to:
- Work autonomously,
- Be responsive and work in a timely, efficient manner,
- Have a resilient personality who can cope with the ups and downs of racing life
- Possess a strong streak of confidentiality
- Have a high level of accuracy
- Be a real team player
- Interact with and get on with people from all walks of life
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, and salary pro-rata
To apply, please send a COVERING LETTER outlining how you think you fill the above criteria, and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 16th May.