Overview of the Role:
- To learn all aspects of Thoroughbred Track Management inclusive of training tracks and racing infrastructure.
- Demonstrates commitment to Racing SA and Club Employee Values which include Health Safety & Wellbeing, Ethical Behaviour and Service of Customers.
- Adherence to Racing SA and Club Operational Policies
- Head office is in North Plympton with racetrack locations being at Morphettville, Gawler, Strathalbyn and Murray Bridge
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Learn and implement best practice Thoroughbred Race Track preparation
- Learn and implement best practice Thoroughbred Training Track preparation
- Learn and implement best practice use of appropriate equipment and machinery to optimise track and facility preparation.
- Attend race and trial meetings as required to ensure tracks perform in a safe and fair manner
Essential Minimum Requirements
- Professional conduct that upholds the integrity of the thoroughbred racing industry
- To undertake appropriate formal training in Turf Management to Certificate III Level.
Personal abilities / aptitudes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to think laterally and independently
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Drivers licence and own car are desirable or the ability to have transport to and from venues
Knowledge and Experience
- An interest and understanding of the racing industry will be well regarded.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS
Standard working hours depending on the practices in place at the track.
- Weekend and after hours work will be required from time to time as agreed with Manager.
The role involves weekend race-day work and public holiday work as agreed between the employee and Manager. This is a position which has a high demand of physical exertion, frequent heavy lifting, sweeping, use of sledge hammers, use of jack hammer for moving of rails, moving of machinery, on and off tractors, long periods of standing / walking, carrying equipment. The incumbent is exposed to all elements of the weather.
Internal - Most frequent contacts
Racetrack Manager/Curator - reports on a daily basis
Other Club Staff - Liaison/Collaboration
Racing Industry Participants - Liaison/Collaboration
Stewards and Racing Department - Liaison/Collaboration
All applications and inquiries will be treated with the strictest confidence and should be directed to:
Applications must be received by 5:00pm on Friday 7 May 2021.