Clifford Park Racecourse is the largest racing centre on the Darling Downs conducting weekly race meetings on the grass racing surface (45 meetings). Home of the iconic Toowoomba Turf Club, Clifford Park operates as a renowned horse racing facility and training centre.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Racecourse Manager forms part of the management team and is responsible for the management and maintenance plans to ensure successful conduct of the TTC racing and training operations.
- Develop, implement and oversee the management plans and program to ensure the optimal maintenance of the Clifford Park course proper to meet the racing schedule set by Racing Queensland,
- Develop, implement and oversee the management plans and program to ensure the optimal maintenance of the Clifford Park inner grass, sand, cushion and other training surfaces and facilities to meet the trackwork training requirements of the Clifford Park training centre
- Manage the maintenance and upkeep of Clifford Park’s racecourse lighting and irrigation infrastructure,
- Manage the safe and successful conduct of Clifford Park jump-outs and barrier trials, including taking nominations for jump outs,
- Management accountability for the safe maintenance and upkeep of Clifford Park racecourse machinery and maintenance assets,
- Management accountability for the safe conduct of Clifford Park morning trackwork training,
- Maintain all racecourse and training track performance and maintenance records, as well as WHS requirements,
- Present department information to the TTC management committee as required, including a monthly board report.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate IV in turf management or similar related discipline
- Experience in management or senior racecourse maintenance role
- High-level interpersonal, communication and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with trainers & stakeholders;
- Understanding, knowledge and experience in the horse racing industry
This position is a full-time salaried role, working 40 hours per week. Saturday work is essential. Flexible hours and a great salary is on offer for the right candidate.
If you would like to join our fast paced, dynamic team, please email your application (including cover letter and resume) to email@example.com For a copy of the role profile please phone 07 4634 6066.
About Toowoomba: Located in the heart of the Darling Downs, Toowoomba is Australia’s second-largest inland City. It offers a host of benefits, including top-tier education, a booming economy and fantastic lifestyle affordability.