Clifford Park is the home of the Toowoomba Turf Club (TTC) and is one of the most popular thoroughbred race tracks in Queensland, hosting over 40 meetings per year.
The TTC is currently looking for a Racecourse Foreman to join our team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Racecourse Manager, the Racecourse Foreman will play an integral role in developing the appropriate management and maintenance plans to ensure successful conduct of the TTC racing and training operations.
* Pre- & post-race course management
* Assist in management of staff
* Management of course irrigation
* Assist with implementation and delivery of renovation plans
* Confident with pest and disease management
* Regular machinery maintenance
To be successful in the role, you will have:
* Experience in racing preferred
* Minimum Certificate III in Sports & Turf Management or similar related discipline
* Experience operating and maintenance of broad acreage machinery and turf equipment
* Chemical qualification and spraying experience
* 2+ years' experience in senior level turf-related role
* Passion for outstanding track presentation
* Strong understanding of sports turf maintenance and field terminology
* Be able to develop a strong rapport with trainers, stakeholders & colleagues
* Attention to detail
* Driver's licence
Salary will be development-based on the successful applicant's level of experience and expertise. A fast-track career progression opportunity.
For more information, contact Racecourse Manager, Gabe Erbes, on 0412 047 261. Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org