We are seeking a skilled Racecourse Foreman who appreciates both teamwork AND high standards! Your use of initiative, and commitment to support the Club’s business will be rewarded.
Hawkesbury Race Club (HRC) are looking for an enthusiastic and inspired Racecourse Foreman to join the Grounds Team that looks after the Club’s racecourse – racing and training facilities. Based in the fast-growing corridor in the north-west of Sydney, and less than an hour from the CBD, HRC is the closest provincial racecourse to metropolitan Sydney.
Reporting to the Racecourse Manager, the successful candidate will be a key part of the Grounds Team and will add value to the racecourse operation.
Key responsibilities include:
• Help manage course proper and all training track operations and maintenance.
• Assist Racecourse Manager in managing the track, horse stall and mounting yard operations on a race day.
• Assist Racecourse Manager in scheduling maintenance and overseeing machinery and vehicles.
• With the Racecourse Manager, will lead, develop and performance manage staff.
• With the Racecourse Manager, will develop and implement documented procedures and processes to ensure the Club meets its operational and legislative requirements (e.g., OHS).
• Adhere and promote Hawkesbury Race Club’s commitment to safety.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in leading and developing teams’ in racecourse operations and/ or turf-related industry, with a demonstrated ability to develop and develop and implement maintenance scheduling, complete business reports and financial transactions.
• Qualification in Turf Management and/ or Horticulture is highly desirable.
• Sound interpersonal, verbal and written skills, and must possess intermediate standard computer business skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• a positive and friendly genuine personality, pragmatic approach, and appropriate sense of humour.
• ability to be proactive and deliver results as part of a team (beyond your department).
Check out our website at https://www.hawkesburyraceclub.com.au/ for some more information on our environment as well as what’s happening at the Club.
• Weekend work will be required from time to time.
• Competitive salary package aligned with work experience, including industry benefits such as attendance of major race events and functions.
If you have a positive attitude and work ethic, can bring the above skills, and enjoy working as a part of a goal-oriented Team, then please email your CV and cover letter attention to Ken by COB Friday 5 March.
Hawkesbury Race Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiters / Agencies please do not contact.