The primary purpose of the role is to coordinate the delivery of high-quality QOTT Program initiatives that maximise the post-racing opportunities for Queensland’s retired racehorses. A structured program of actions and initiatives has been approved by the QOTT Board, which includes the establishment of a retraining/rehoming program for Thoroughbred and Standardbred horses, bred for the racing industry, and domiciled in Queensland at the time of their retirement.
Your success in the role will be underpinned by your ability to develop and operationalise program frameworks, as well as your capacity to build effective relationships and form strong partnerships with stakeholders to support the transition of Thoroughbred and Standardbred horses from racing or breeding activities to retirement.
- Operationalise and coordinate QOTT Board approved initiatives within the QOTT Program framework to enhance aftercare for retired racehorses.
- Project manage QOTT Program initiatives from start to finish, to ensure racing aftercare objectives for Thoroughbreds and Standardbreds are achieved.
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes that support the initiatives of the QOTT Program, including the ongoing development of policies and procedures for the QOTT Program.
- Deliver approved initiatives within the QOTT allocated budget, including defining initiative resources against annual work plans within the overall QOTT Program.
- Develop and communicate high quality QOTT information, support and guidance to all departments and key clients (internal and external).
- Collation and analysis of QOTT Program related data and record management.
- Reporting QOTT Program performance and work to deliver on QOTT Program KPI’s.
- Contribute to improved national outcomes around regulations, racehorse aftercare, traceability and education.
- Prepare and present educational material for racing industry participants and the public to improve aftercare outcomes.
The Success Profile
- A tertiary qualification in either Project Management, Equine Studies, Equine Science, Equine Business Management or related field and commensurate demonstrated experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated working knowledge/experience of Thoroughbreds, Standardbreds and/or the equestrian industry with exposure to horse care / horse training / animal adoption programs is desirable.
- Racing industry experience and/or knowledge is desirable.
- A genuine commitment, care and desire to maximise retirement opportunities for Thoroughbreds and Standardbreds, balanced with an understanding of the commercial realities of the racing industry.
- Demonstrated project management and program implementation experience.
- Experience with sponsorship agreements and grants management processes and software programs advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders at every level to drive an industry-centric service culture.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to think strategically and translate this into practical operational outcomes (develop and execute on strategy).
- Proven monitoring and evaluation skills with the ability to maintain, interpret and analyse data and report on trends and outcomes.
- Strong ability to develop and drive governance processes including audits and continuous process improvement.
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines and manage competing needs of stakeholders.
- Exemplary written, verbal and presentation skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, coordinate and deliver education programs and promotional events.
- Proven ability to identify, analyse and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to consult, negotiate, communicate and influence outcomes when there are conflicting interests or differences of opinion.
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy when managing conflict.
- Superior ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, work under pressure, demonstrate resilience and make effective decisions and recommendations
This is a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your resilience and ability to think on your feet will be key factors to your success. With your results-driven attitude and forward-thinking style, you will build trust and credibility with all stakeholder groups through superior interpersonal skills.
This role affords the scope to realise the significant professional uplift of working for a tri-code Principal Racing Authority. We recruit values-aligned people into Racing Queensland who lead by example and thrive on delivering results in a high performance culture.
The Organisation: Racing Queensland
Racing Queensland (RQ) is a statutory body whose primary purpose is to promote, enhance and provide a platform to service the industry across three codes of racing: Thoroughbred, Greyhound and Harness.
RQ’s vision is to connect people through the thrill of racing, and its mission is to be Queensland’s number #1 sport.
Benefits and Perks
We have generous employee benefits such as EAP, an innovative reward and recognition program offering perks and discounts and best practice HR policies offering flexible working arrangements, paid parental leave, talent management and performance development. We also provide annual flu vaccinations, weekly fruit deliveries, corporate massages, and access to an on-site gym as we value your health and well-being.
How to apply
Racing Queensland values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people. We encourage people of all abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, diverse cultures and backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ identities, and all age groups and genders to apply.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity click ‘APPLY” now to submit your:
- Covering letter outlining your experience
- Current resume
To view a position description please visit our website https://www.racingqueensland.com.au/careers-training/careers/current-vacancies
If you have any questions about the position, please email People and Performance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm on 20 September 2021
Please note the following conditions apply:
- May be required to work on weekends and extended hours when reasonably required.
- Must hold a current drivers licence.
- Intrastate and/or interstate travel may be a requirement.
- May be required to undergo a criminal history check.
- Must have the right to work in Australia.
- Understanding/passion/willingness to learn about the sport of racing and nuances associated with the industry