Oaklands Stud is seeking a Permanent Full-Time staff member to join our team. We are situated just outside of Toowoomba, in the Darling Downs, Queensland.
This position is available for a start in the New Year and has live on farm accommodation provided as a part of the employment package.
A firm proficiency base and foundation in the Horse Industry is required and previous experience in a similar position would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will be required to have the following hands-on experience and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
- Competency in all facets of the running of a Thoroughbred Breeding Stud.
- Previous Yearling preparation and sales knowledge is essential.
- Care and Handling of Foals, Weanlings, Yearlings, Broodmares, Spellers and Stallions.
- Knowledge and ability to treat a variety of ailments and injuries.
- Strong Horse handling skills as well as being confident in handling foals, weanlings and yearlings with care.
- Breeding season knowledge of reproduction crush and serve barn.
- Capability to keep detailed records of day to day Horse movements, activity and treatment.
- Ability to rate Yearlings for sales categories on pedigree and confirmation would be an asset.
- Logistics and Transport of Horses.
- Capability to work closely with Veterinarians, Farriers and Management.
- Foaling experience is imperative.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and safe operation of equipment relevant to the handling and preparation of Stock.
- Good work ethic, reliable and can work as a part of a team unsupervised.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Comprehension of the Ardex Technology Horse Program.
Please send through resume to firstname.lastname@example.org