- Small, friendly and cohesive team where achieving excellence is their passion
- Excellent opportunity to thrive and enjoy a long-term career
- Be rewarded for your expertise and effort!
Our Client, Torryburn Stud, is a boutique thoroughbred stud consisting of 1200 picturesque acres steeped in Colonial history, nestled in gently rolling hills near Gresford, in the beautiful Paterson Valley, NSW.
The Stud is located close to Newcastle (30-40 minutes), Sydney (2.5 hours) and the Hunter Valley, offering an enviable and relaxed lifestyle away from the rat race of city living!
Due to the pending retirement of the highly respected incumbent, we are seeking applications from suitably qualified & experienced Accountants/Office Managers to assume this critical full-time role.
As a crucial member of the Management team, primarily you will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting functions whilst also managing the day to day office activities of the Thoroughbred Horse Stud. Management of resources to achieve these outcomes includes following processes and procedures which have a strong focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
To be successful you will need to genuinely enjoy working in a ‘country’ environment, with an understanding of an equine or livestock breeding enterprise and be proactive in providing information and support to the Management Team.
Your direct input with continuous assessment of operational needs across the enterprise and participation in strategic development and direction of the business is essential.
Reporting to the Stud Owners & the CFO, the specific role requirements include:
- Work closely with the CFO and provide updates as to how things are tracking.
- Complete all accounting functions to Bank reconciliation, prepare the Trial Balance, Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet monthly.
- Prepare annual budgets in liaison with key stake holders. Report monthly on budget to actuals.
- Maintain Equine and Client database (debtors). Ensure correct procedures are followed in new debtor establishment. Oversee and control debtors. Issue monthly accounts, record procedures, record and reconcile client payments, follow up overdue accounts, resolve any client account issues. Provide Debtors reporting monthly to key stakeholders
- Ensure correct creditor management including sign off from key stake holders and timely management. Receive and record invoices, have all invoices approved, liaise with CFO re: payments, address creditors enquiries and issues.
- Insurance of plant and equipment, workers compensation, horses etc.
- Registration of all farm vehicles.
- Meet any statutory and licensing requirements.
- Farm executive meeting management and follow up.
- Follow sales entries, results and reconcile proceeds
- Reconcile mare returns and foaling records
- Maintain equine database and client database
- Full payroll function for 20-30 employees.
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree or TAFE) in Business Administration/ Accounting/Management or equivalent experience
- MYOB (Ardex advantageous)
- Superior IT Skills including MS Outlook 365
- All Office management
- Excellent accounting, financial management and reporting skills with a minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Understanding and interest in Farms and Horse Management
- Exposure to HR and WHS desirable
Unfortunately, there is no ‘on farm’ accommodation provided as this is a Monday to Friday role.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated commensurate with the high level of competency sought.
Those candidates who include a covering letter addressing the Essential Criteria will be considered more favourably.
Applications for this opportunity should be forwarded quoting Ref. no. 951RJ by email to: email@example.com
Confidential inquiries and requests for Position Descriptions to assist in application preparation are encouraged and may be directed to Margo Emery 0409385667 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that an acknowledgement of your application will be sent to the email address from which you apply, therefore, we encourage you to use a private or confidential email address.