The Operations Manager will manage all aspects of the Club’s training operations at the Cranbourne Training Centre, reporting to the Tracks and Facilities Manager. The role will oversee the daily operations of the Training Centre and work closely with trainers to provide the best facilities to our key participants.
The role will continuingly look at ways to grow and improve training activities in Cranbourne to ensure our participants have access to the best facilities available in Victorian Racing.
- Drive change and innovation in our training facilities.
- Develop a strong, respectful relationship with industry participants, including local trainers, jockeys, and track riders to achieve the best possible outcomes for all parties.
- Be a driver of health and safety in the workplace to ensure that safety is top of mind for all participants.
- Develop educational programs in partnership with the State’s governing bodies to grow participation in the sport and secure the future generation of trainers, riders, etc.
- Manage all contractor requirements and services in relation to the training venue including capital works.
Skills and attributes:
- A passion to succeed and make a difference.
- Strong understanding of Victorian Racing Industry and Rules of Racing.
- Strong administrative abilities, including high proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel.
- Training in Occupational Health & Safety
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong relationships.
- Good time management skills with ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
Enquiries: Catherine Mason, Human Resources & Risk Manager, (03) 5996 1300
E-mail applications: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 12 May 2021