J.G. Goldner Pty Ltd (Goldners) is Australia's leading thoroughbred transport company, established in 1945. As a very successful, longstanding and progressive business, Goldners believes thoroughbred transport should be low stress and worry free for our clients and their horses. We operate a fleet of 16 trucks from depots in Sydney, Scone, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide.
How we operate
We pride ourselves on the extremely high level of service delivered to our customers. With a presence at all of Australia's largest horse sales, and transporting the best of the best racehorses, we strive to surpass our customers' expectations.
About the role
We are looking to add an enthusiastic and motivated Operations Manager to our team. This is a hands-on role within our business where you will have a focus on the following areas:
- Scheduling and coordinating all NSW & QLD horse movements whilst working in conjunction with the VIC & SA Operations Manager.
- Build, Develop and Maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients and the Goldners team.
- Prioritise the health and safety of horses and people.
- Work closely with management to ensure we continue to have the best maintained transport fleet in Australia.
- You are plugged into the horse industry network
- Have a passion for the horse industry, particularly the Thoroughbred industry
- Outgoing & driven
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- High levels of enthusiasm for customer service
- Honest and reliable
- Calm under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to be part of a team, but thrive on autonomy
- Willingness to learn
Why should you join us?
- Highly autonomous role - take full ownership of your role
- If you are the correct candidate and excel in your role, you will have the opportunity to move up throughout the organisation.
- Package will depend on experience – If you believe you are currently over or under skilled for this role, still contact us. We believe in finding the right candidate for the role and are flexible on renumeration dependant on experience.
- We have a great culture & environment, enjoy coming to work and have a laugh whilst here!
- Be heard! Add value! Own your job! Grow the role and love your job!
- Our office and stable facility is located at Len Waters Estate. Horses will be at your office window!