We have an exciting opportunity for a casual Night Foal Watch at our Northwood Park operation near Seymour, Victoria. This position will be predominately providing pre and post-natal care of mares and foals but may also require work within all aspects of the stud farm.
Reporting to the Stud Manager and Broodmare Manager, the Night Foal Watch will be responsible for the general wellbeing and care of bloodstock on the farm which includes:
- Attend and assist foaling mares
- Care of neonatal foals
- Provide general horse care as directed by Managers/Supervisors including feeding, grooming, treatment of injured horses and routine daily checks
- Assist veterinarians as required
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace ensuring that all hazards and incidents are reported to your manager/supervisor as soon as practicable
- Co-operate with all company and WHS policies to ensure the safety of yourself and others in the workplace
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred. We want a passionate, reliable and hard-working person to join the Northwood Park team.
- Previous experience in thoroughbred industry, specifically in foaling down mares, care of newborn foals and post foaling mares
- Practical understanding of horse health care and welfare requirements.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to provide a high level of care to horses, equipment, other employees and contractors
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Quality uniforms
- A chance to work at one of Godolphin’s premium breeding locations
- Possible private accommodation for the right applicant
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in writing by 1st July 2022 to:
Shortlist candidates will be contacted directly.
Click here to see what it's like to work for us.