HRNSW operates the Menangle Park Training Centre (MPTC) which has around 200 horses stabled at the facility and is seeking to recruit a Manager of operations and Grounds & Maintenance.
This hands-on role is suited to a person who enjoys working in a self-managed environment and will report to HRNSW’s Manager, Racing, Product Development and Infrastructure.
The successful candidate must have strong commitment to the upkeep and appearance of the property, the control of other staff and more particularly liaison with trainers occupying the stables. Compliance is a key essential in these respects.
• Daily maintenance of the grounds in particular the exercise track;
• Operation of equipment including water truck, tractor, conditioner, slasher, mowers, whipper snipper etc;
• Rudimentary repairs and maintenance of equipment and facilities;
• Liaising with trainers licensed by HRNSW to use these facilities;
• Ensuring compliance by all users.
• Ability to operate machinery and have and maintain necessary licences;
• Understanding of harness track maintenance;
• Understanding of basic machinery maintenance;
• Self-motivation and ability to meet deadlines;
• An understanding of Workplace Health & Safety requirements;
• Understanding of horses;
• Written and oral communication skills;
Remuneration for this full-time (38hpw) will be in accordance with the skill set of the successful applicant.
Applicants should apply to:
Applications Close on Thursday 23 July 2020.